How Shepherd Premier Senior Living is Proactively Handling COVID-19 to Protect Our Current & Future Residents
June 3, 2020 Update
Patio Visits with Your Loved One!
With Illinois progressing through the stages of reopening, we have come up with a safe process that will allow our families the opportunity to visit their loved ones. These visits will take place outdoors, on our homes patios.
- The socially distanced family patio visits procedure is as follows:
- Call the house to schedule a time for your visit
- Expect to be symptom checked upon arrival
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, or have been exposed to Covid-19 please reschedule your visit for another day
- Use hand sanitizer upon arrival
- A mask will not be required if you are able to maintain social distancing throughout your visit
- If you are unable to adhere to proper social distancing (due to hearing impairments or other complications) you will be required to wear a mask for the duration of your visit
- Visits are weather permitting, in the event of rain we will ask you to reschedule for a later day, we are not able to move your visit indoors
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes
We appreciate your understanding and compliance with this process as we all learn to navigate this situation with the top priority remaining your loved ones safety and well being.
May 22, 2020 update
March 18, 2020
To All Shepherd Families
From: Theresa Maskrey, Steve Maskrey and Brandon Schwab
Subject: Additional COVID-19 Precautions
As all of you know we instituted a prohibitive visitor policy 7 days ago. Since that time the spread of the COVID19 virus has continued to climb in the U.S. and other countries. The President declared a State of Emergency last week as COVID 19 continues to spread.
Local news is reporting large numbers of cases in nursing homes that are not that far from us. It is safe to say that our precautionary measures will need to increase beyond what we already have in place.
We are following guidelines published. by WHO (World Health Organization) as well as the CDC) Center for Disease Control). COVID-19 is spreading throughout the U.S. and we cannot be too cautious. My prayer is that Shepherd Premier Senior Living will come through without one infected employee or resident. We are all in this fight together.
1. Visitors are restricted 100% to pre-approved medically necessary visitors. Please be patient as things are changing rapidly throughout each. You should not plan to visit your loved ones at this time.
2.We are performing a symptom check of your loved one every day.
3. We are cleaning and disinfecting common areas and then cleaning and disinfecting them again.
4. Hand hygiene protocols are in place
5. Staff is being monitored for symptoms and they are monitoring their families for symptoms as well.
While we dislike restricting your visit we are confident that we are doing what is required to protect the ones that you have entrusted to our care. Thank you for your patience as we move forward with protocols that are aimed at keeping your loved ones safe.
Please call your loved ones and check on them via phone in the interim. They will want to hear from you.
We pray God’s protection, peace and blessings over all of you!